31 July 2006

FEELING BLUE? MAKE A LIST!


Back to reality with a bang for me today....having to face redundancy as I had kind of expected but not quite accepted. So not to dwell on it & be sad I'm going to make "a list of me" instead - inspired by the wonderful Abigail A. Percy blog that I always look forward to reading.

Here's some of my loves....

- lavender - my family - listening to The Archers on Radio 4 in the kitchen - battenburg cake - re-arranging rooms - dancing with my gorgeous hubby in our kitchen - Florence - honesty - sending homemade cards - olives - seaside paddles - earl grey tea - dresses over trousers - new projects - old photos - talking to our cat - cooking - drawing in biro - Norfolk - sewing - coming home - rhubarb crumble & cold custard - the colour green - growing something in the garden - breakfastime - newsy emails - hollyhocks - Farrow & Ball paints - days out with my Mum - trees - morning coffee - ribbon - laundry on the line - the smell of cinnamon - walking - sitting down to dinner - birds - wearing an apron - visiting friends - old bookshops - scrabble - a new magazine to flick through - peonies - pinning inspiring things to notice boards - pilates - daydreaming - picnics with hardboiled eggs - snuggling under layers of bedding with a good book - watching wood burning on the fire - unexpected smiles - love letters - wrapping gifts in a beautiful way - dressing up for an evening out - visits to Ireland - sweet peas - foot massages - painted furniture - French accents - aubergines - vintage fabrics - pinned up hair - crisp cold sunny days - new socks - going to get the Sunday paper - eating chips on the pier - eBay - a date at the cinema - Cambridge market - a nice glass of wine - my wedding ring- my Grandad's woodturning -brown paper - singing in the car - reading my favourite blogs - making lists - feeling inspired -

....there, that feels better already! Maybe there's a better adventure around the corner?

4 comments:

Abigail A. Percy said...

Wonderful list...and such a good one!!!! I so enjoyed reading it...here is to a better adventure indeed..xx

shari said...

this is such a lovely list. list making always brings me happiness. take care, shari

KELLY said...

dear abigail & shari

thank you both for the comments...

...your encouraging words really inspire me to keep on sharing my thoughts & goings-on with whoever's out there!

x

Gigibird said...

Washing drying on a line with a soft breeze - now you're talking.It's one of those things that makes me feel very content!

Good luck with your blog - you're doing really well.