23 October 2006

MONDAY NEST WIP

A little update on what we've been working on for the new venture. Me & my Mum are starting up a little business called Nest....these collections are going to be for the wedding gift market & will be bespoke memento quilts, bed runners, cushions & wall hangings made from special fabrics.


The square cushion above is part of the collection alongside the bed runner already made....we have a further oblong cushion which is a wip & as a 3rd piece will complete the collection. Once it's all finished I'll style everything together for another photo to use in our promotional work.



Our new runner is based on my sister-in-law Marian's wedding & uses her colour scheme. It was a good exercise in creating something without any of the actual fabrics used for the dresses. We are really pleased with it & again we're making a couple of cushions to match. I'd love to photograph it in a bedroom with lots of Venetian glass furniture :) but alas I have none so will probably go for white bed linen on our white iron bedstead.

We are going to do one last collection so that we have 3 ranges to start taking to wedding fairs in the New Year. I'm looking out for a wedding to use....it would be good to go with a blues/greens colour scheme this time I think. I'll be back with more news of how it's all going soon.

Hope everyone's having a good week! x

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi nesty,

Fab photos, very cheering on this raining morning!

love bizelily xx

Gigibird said...

what a wonderful idea - I do wish you both every success.

Have you considered keepsake boxes?

Anonymous said...

lovely lovely work!! Wishing you lots of luck and enjoyment on your new venture..you sound so happy :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, beautiful work! I absolutely love that cushion. Congrats on your new venture.